top of page




Always start with the Town Clerk when registering a vehicle. The Clerk prepares the registration and the applicant pays a personal property tax based on the value of the vehicle.


All vehicles that travel over the road are required to be registered. This includes cars, trucks, tractors, trailers, motorcycles, RV’s, street rods, construction equipment, farm tractors etc. 



This is a convenient service which is an Internet based web-service called E-Reg. This allows you to request renewal of your vehicle registrations, dog licenses and vital record requests on-line. Many find this service very convenient. To request renewal of your registration, dog license or to request a vital record certificate using E-Reg, click on the applicable link below, and follow the step-by-step instructions.

You may also get an estimate of the cost by clicking the orange button below.

ALSTEAD E-Reg-MotorVehicleRegistration_i
ALSTEAD MotorVehicleRegistrationEstimate
Dog Licenses


State of New Hampshire RSA 466.1 requires that every owner or keeper of a dog four months old or older shall annually cause it to be registered, numbered, described, and licensed for one year in the city or town in which the dog is kept. Regardless of when the license is obtained, the license shall be effective from May 1st of each year to April 30th of the subsequent year. Dog licenses are available at the Town Clerk’s office. In order to avoid fines, please remember to register your dogs by April 30th.


ALSTEAD DogLicensing_icon.jpg
Marriage License


If you plan on getting married in New Hampshire, you may apply at any Town or City Clerk's office. The license is valid in any New Hampshire city or town only. There are two forms to be completed; the application worksheet and the license must be completed in person and signed by both parties.


Please allow 30 mintues processing time and plan your trip to the office accordingly.

Vital Records


NH vital records are considered to be private and NH Statute restricts access to these records to only those individuals who have a "direct and tangible interest" in the record (RSA 5-C-16). Certain older records are exempt from these access restrictions. In order to obtain certified copies of Vital Records, you must complete an application to the New Hampshire Department of State’s Division of Vital Records Administration (DVRA) and pay a search fee. 

ALSTEAD VitalRecordRequest_icon.jpg


Residents of Acworth who will be 18 years of age or older on election day and are citizens of the United States, may register to vote at the Town Clerk’s office up to 10 days before any election during office hours or contact the Supervisors of the Check list, Betty Gowan (603)-835-6531 or Marianne Nevelson (603) 835-6896. You may also register at the town hall on election day.

bottom of page